The figure to the left is that of a rectangular prism. To get the volume of this type of prism, we simply need to multiply the length times the width times the height. Therefore, the volume = 5 dm x 4 dm x 3 dm = 60 cubic decimeters.
Here are some common volume formulas:
- Volume of a cube = side3
- Volume of a rectangular prism = length x width x height
- Volume of a pyramid = 1/3 x area of the base x height
- Volume of a cylinder = pi x r2 x height
- Volume of a cone = 1/3 x pi x r2 x height
- Volume of a sphere = 4/3 x pi x r3