- Class 4 & 5
A. Participants engage in Triangle Investigations.
Participants should choose investigations that involve:
- Classifying triangles according to their properties (e.g. acute, obtuse, right, isosceles, equilateral, equiangular, scalene)
- Solving problems involving the area and perimeter of triangles
- Making graphical representations of triangles and shapes composed of triangles
- Using Pythogorean Theorem, right triangle rules (30-60-90, 45-45-90) and ratios for sine, cosine and tangent of angles to solve problems
Week 4: Choose from recommended investigations concerned with classifying and investigating a variety of triangles
Week 5: Choose from investigations focused on area, perimeter, and trigonometry with triangles
B. Participants add write-ups to their online portfolios
C. Introduction of the spreadsheet program
Triangle investigations using the spreadsheet program:
Additional Resources for Week 4 & 5
- Dictionary Terms with Comprehensive Activities
- External Resources
Return to the Geometry Syllabus.