InterMath | Workshop Support
The purpose of this course is for teachers to:
· Develop mathematical content knowledge
· Explore mathematical investigations using technology
· Become more technology proficient
· Align mathematical investigations with Georgia Performance Standards
The participants in this course will be expected to:
· Complete 5 write-ups and align work with the GPS’s
· Complete 5 write-ups that align to given GPS’s
· Complete 2 lesson plans aligning with GPS’s
Dana Walker (WRHS) firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Carroll (PMS) email@example.com
Geometer’s Sketchpad Consultant: Shirl Williams (HCHS) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dates for Classes
June 6 - 10, 13
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
30 day free trial of Geometer's Sketchpad
Introduction to Geometer's Sketchpad
Tutorial on Geometer's Sketchpad from Annenberg/CPB Learner.org. This web site gives instruction on creating constructions for various objects.
Basic Skills with GSP
Downloadable GSP-based tutorials that introduces the user to basic and common features of GSP. This is an interactive tutorial.
The Virtual Institute
Two page tutorials on GSP basics.