Workshop Support | Instructors' Section | Support/MGMSI
I. Classes 1-2
A. Introduction to InterMath
- Components of workshop and continued professional development
- Components of InterMath website (Investigations, Dictionary, Discussion Board, etc.)
- InterMath Investigations Data Analysis Clusters for extra practice
- Examples of what previous participants have done
- Discuss online portfolio
- Discuss the components and structure of a write-up (including extensions).
B. Introduction to Technology
- Web Page Development
- Uploading process
- Spreadsheet Program
- Activities to reinforce spreadsheet use for supporting the exploration of probabilities
C. Introduce Idea of Representations
- Importance and role of representations in problem-solving
- Work through an investigation focused on real-world representation of probability
D. Allow participants time to work on representation investigation, spreadsheet skills, and/or other topic covered in class
E. Technological support with web page uploading and the use of spreadsheets.
Return to the Data Analysis Syllabus.